Where to get it
For months now, On Mount Hood: A Biography of Oregon’s Perilous Peak has been available for preorder on Amazon.com. But something shifted this week, right about the time I got my author copies of the book in the mail.
Amazon switched from preorder to In Stock.
So, it’s official now. You can actually buy On Mount Hood.
I was talking to the sales manager at Sasquatch Books last week, and she noted that Amazon these days is usually the first to have books available. After that, bigger bookstores, then smaller ones and various retailers, libraries and other outfits begin offering new releases for sale. So although the official release date of this book is June 2, the actual release is more of a rolling one. It’s available at Amazon now and can also be ordered from Powell’s Books, from where it will be shipped in 1-3 days or where it can be picked up in 7 to 12.
On Mount Hood will ultimately be available at bookstores and retail outlets around Oregon and Washington. The initial list of places that have ordered copies is down below. More to come.
Have any questions about where you can find the book? Drop me a line. And a big, hearty thank-you to anyone and everyone who buys a copy. Thanks for your support. Enjoy!
- Annie Bloom’s Books (Southwest Portland)
- Banes & Noble (looks like both WA and OR locations and online)
- Borders Books
- Between the Covers (Bend, Oregon)
- Book Worm of Edwards (Edwards, Colorado)
- Broadway Books (Northeast Portland)
- Elliott Bay Book Company (Seattle, Washington)
- OSU Bookstore (Corvallis, Oregon)
- Powell’s City of Books (Portland)
- Queen Anne Ave Books (Seattle, Washington)
- Reed College Bookstore (Southeast Portland)
- Snow Goose Bookstore (Stanwood, Washington)
- Third Place Books (Seattle, Washington)
- Third Street Books (McMinnville, Oregon)
- U of O Bookstore (Eugene, Oregon)
- Village Books (Bellingham, Washington)
- Waucoma Bookstore (Hood River, Oregon)
- Wide World Books & Maps (Seattle, Washington)